This year we have decided to donate a portion of the profits from our April sales to:
Autism Support of Kent County (ASK) works to provide services that make it possible for individuals with autism to lead healthier and more productive lives! ASK funds programs, worth over $40,000 annually, for individuals affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families!
We provide funds for things like:
• Music Therapy in many ASD classrooms
• Project Lifesaver, which helps find kids who wander and become lost
• Special art programs
• Relaxed and welcoming family events
• Informational and supportive speakers for parents
• Fun, sensory-friendly events for kids
• Opportunities to play soccer
• Ongoing resources for parents, caregivers, teachers, and professionals
• Community-based activities for low-income students with autism
• Social and connection groups for teens and young adults with autism
• Summer camp at Indian Trails
Current programs include Music Therapy, funds for disadvantaged students in our ASD classrooms, Special Olympics basketball and/or poly hockey teams, and recreational outings (Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Easter Egg Hunt and other family events).
Click here to see their Event Calendar!
They have also listed many resources to help individuals with Autism.