The Irondale metal play system is an affordable and deceptively simple option for children’s playground equipment. This ADA compliant, IPEMA certified system, also meets ASTM F1487-11 standards. With two elevated components and one additional one at ground level, it offers the perfect combination of accessibility along with developmentally stimulating activities for up to 14 children between the ages of two to five. It is suitable for a range of physical agility and abilities in a total footprint of 18′ x 25′ 6″.
While there are only a few features to the Irondale system, it offers ingenious developmental opportunities.
Before you even get off the ground, there is an interactive game. The tic-tac-toe panel with rotating pieces lets children play a familiar game while developing logical thinking skills, problem-solving, and spatial abilities.
There are two options to access the slide and platforms: a transfer station with stairs and a spiral climber. The transfer station is a 36 inch high elevated platform with stairs to the upper level. It offers a more stable walking surface for the very young or less steady climbers.
On the opposite side, there is a spiral climber. Kids can be themselves on the spiral climber, crawling through, over, and around the winding sections. It contributes to the healthy development of balance and coordination.
A tried and true favorite for generations, the slide features a straight trajectory that is safer and more appropriate for toddlers and young children. It tapers to a gentle slope to slow them to a gentle stop before reaching the end. Slides also provide developmental benefits, such as:
- Advances strength and flexibility – Moving differently, sitting or lying, and increasing or decreasing velocity are all ways to increase strength and flexibility.
- Develops social skills – Getting in line according to who was there first, waiting for your turn patiently, and watching to see that the person ahead of you is safely out of the way are all important collaboration and social skills.
- Encourages grip strength – Grabbing the rungs to stairs or ladders and getting positioned on and off the slide helps in the development of the proprioceptive system, which manages our tendons, muscles, and joints.
- Increases coordination – It takes coordination to climb to the slide, get in position, and start the descent.
- Promotes balance – The slide helps in developing the vestibular system, responsible for the sense of touch and balance.
Promoting Fun and Healthy Play for Over 20 Years
Backyard Fun Zone has been the trusted provider of high-quality outdoor playground equipment for over 20 years. We know how important it is for our children to stay active and develop strong bones and muscles while engaging in inclusive play. We are proud to carry ADA compliant play systems for kids of all mobility levels. For more information, contact us today.